Monday, September 3, 2012

From Wednesday through Friday we had meetings and orientations for The Washington Center and our programs. We did get to go to the Newseum again, which I still did not see everything I wanted.

On Friday Katy, Mariah and I went back to The Dubliner, only this time with a bigger group of 12. We learned our lesson, though, that The Dubliner is not a good place for a large group. Friday and Saturday were pretty chill nights. Saturday was, of course, the season premier of the newest season (season 7) of Doctor Who! Unfortunately the RAF's cable plan does not include BBC America, but thanks to Twitter I found out I could watch it Sunday on iTunes. And that is exactly what I did. I won't go into the episode here, but it was a pretty good start with definitely a few surprises!

Sunday was also my first true night out in D.C. Katy and I went to Rhyne (a former Frog and fellow National Geographic employee)'s apartment to grill on the roof and hang out with some new friends. We enjoyed three hours worth of pop music from "Video Killed the Radio Star" all the way through to and "Moves Like Jagger." It was probably the most fun I've had at an apartment party. We then went to the Biergarten Haus, and I saw the largest mug of beer I've ever seen. Rhyne bought one for me and one for Katy since it was our first time there. I can't say I did very well on it, but for someone like me who doesn't really drink, I think it did just fine.

As for today, Monday, it was a relaxing day as well. I went with Katy and my newest roommate Rosie, who just arrived today from Shanghai, to Target. Then once we got back, I watched "Much Ado About Nothing" with David Tennant and Catherine Tate while making a proper dinner of a (Turkey)BLT and a salad.





It's still felt like a vacation for most of our time here, but tomorrow starts my internship. That's when it'll hit me that I'm here for another three months and I'm here to work.

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had fun at the party- sounds like you had a good weekend :) Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete